Do you want to be part of the
2012 NC State Fair Street Team?
Do I like ice cream? Deep fried snicker’s bars?
On Sunday, September 30, 2012, Annie, my younger daughter, brought a contest announcement to my attention, and wondered if I’d like to enter to be part of a team to be the “2012 NC State Fair Street Team” basically reporting on the Fair in social media–what is going on, and how much they were enjoying having fun at the Fair! I looked at the contest rules, and realized we had to write a response by 5:00pm the next day! Annie had already talked with her sister Ali, and they wanted me to join them for our three member team! I was amazed and flattered! While we are close as mother and daughters, we’ve never worked together in this way, and its actually exciting to contemplate. It just so happens we also ALL love the Fair! I want to share with you all, what we responded too, how we responded, and the announcements that let us know we WON! We are all so excited, and I’m hoping you’ll join us, at the fair, here on the blog, and on facebook or tweeting with Ali , I’ll give you the links. So here’s what Annie showed me after she and Ali had agreed to apply.
- Assemble your team of three. Teams can consist of family, friends, co-workers or even strangers, as long as they love the fair.
- Come up with an awesome team name.
- Once you have your team assembled and named, send us your team creed outlining:
- Why you love the N.C. State Fair.
- What you would cover if your team was selected.
- How you would cover the fair (blog, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- Email your team creed to email@example.com by Monday, Oct. 1, at 5 p.m.
- We’ll pick a winner Tuesday, Oct. 2.
- A Bumper Crop of Fun prize pack with T-shirts, posters and any other State Fair swag we can find in our office.
- Each team member will receive a media badge and parking pass, giving them behind-the-scenes access to the N.C. State Fair.
- Teams also will be invited to be honorary members of the Deep Fried Crew at the official Media Lunch at the N.C. State Fair, Monday, Oct. 8.
Deep Fried blog
About the Deep Fried blog
Admit it, you’ve been counting down the days until the N.C. State Fair–and we have too. That’s why the N.C. Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services started Deep Fried @ the N.C. State Fair, a blog dedicated to bringing you the inside scoop on what makes the State Fair come together every year. We’ll be your go-to guide during the fair as well, bringing you the tastiest foods, flashiest rides, newest exhibitions and coolest State Fair characters.
Join us on this wild ride behind-the-scenes of North Carolina’s biggest celebration of agriculture. Check out the fair website at www.ncstatefair.org for the latest info on entertainers, tickets and events, and we’ll see you there!
And so, we put our heads together and wrote our reply, which I’ll share with you in the next post!
Love you, Helen